Can I get an ayyyyyy-men!
Here are 5 randoms for this Friday.
1. Today officially makes us 10 days out from our due date. I can't believe it's almost time for CT and me to meet Kingston. We are so ready for him to join us. Our house is ready (I think), his clothes are washed, car seats are in the cars, and our bags are packed ... now we are just waiting on him. Some moments throughout the day I feel like I could be pregnant for a few more months - and then I'm quickly brought back to reality with the various pains I'm feeling. Hurry up already little man!
2. I added a few more Puff Quilts to the Etsy shop last night! I am so thankful for the ladies who have purchased from me these last few weeks. I hope this little venture continues to take off - and hopefully we won't be struggling as much as I think we will while I'm on maternity leave.
3. Speaking of maternity leave - I'm officially on break starting next Wednesday.
I'm already dreading heading back and I haven't even left. For all you mama's that went back to work -- what helped with the sadness?
4. I'm about half way through the book Baby Wise. If you haven't read it, it talks about parent directed feeding and how to get your child to sleep through the night by 8 weeks. This is a very controversial topic but I think it's a great idea. My friend sent me a quote today that perfectly describes the process:
" As parents, we teach our kids how to be good humans. We teach them how to say please and thank you, how to drink from a cup, how to get dressed, and how to tie their shoes. No one would argue with this. Why then, do we shy away from teaching them how to sleep and eat at normal times? It's not cruel, it's a service to them. A gift even. And I'm a much happier momma and productive person when I've had sleep as well"
I would love any feedback or tips you have on this process!
5. Bentley has been extra cuddly lately and I love it. In a few more days his world is going to be turned upside down and I hope he takes to Kingston like we do. He's usually jealous if anyone has our attention so I'm interested to see how this all pans out.
Can you tell my mind is 100% on baby?
Hope you have a good Friday and if you are stopping by from the link up - I hope you will follow along as I try and navigate this new journey of motherhood!